Thursday, July 8, 2010

Wedding Gown and Quilt

I have been a busy little bee since I last posted. I made my daughter's gown for her June 12th ceremony, my jacket, and the quilt which hung at the reception behind the cake table. I loved making these and am very proud of how everything turned out. My cousin took lots of pictures and some were published in Martha Pullen's newsletter! You can see it at www.marthapullen.com. Look on the left for Martha's Newsletter, find the one for June 28, and scroll down to From Our Readers. There we are!! Thanks, June, for some great pictures!I found this quilt pattern in Quilting and Embroidery magazine. It was designed by Jennifer Gigas, a Bernina educator. I used the fruit of the Spirit as the words in each heart block. Since there's 9 fruit of the Spirit words, I had to add a couple extra. This is the jacket that is on the cover of Fabulous Fashions. I made it out of silk organza and used designs from Zundt Designs Vol 1. I have always wanted to make it and my daughter's ceremony gave me the chance. I love wearing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment