Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Georgia Vintage Dress by Lindsay Wilkes

I haven't posted anything in over a year, but I have not been idle.  I've been sewing a lot with 2 granddaughters now and another due very soon.  And been posting everything to my facebook page  :)
Recently, I was a pattern tester for a new pattern from The Cottage Mama.  Since my granddaughter lives 2 hours away, I asked a friend if I could borrow her daughter for my model.  Here is Lydia modelling The Georgia Vintage Dress by The Cottage Mama.. This is the sweetest dress and really pretty easy to sew together.  Lindsay's instructions and photographs are super wonderful and easy to follow.  You can get the pattern in PDF form from www.thecottagemama.com
Soon she will have the paper version available also.
I used the simple life by tasha noel for Riley Blake fabricsI love the red and white.  I used jumbo rick rack for trim and made rick rack flowers with beads in the center for the front embellishment.
Lydia's mom took all the pictures and they are wonderful.  I'm just going have to get a new camera one day!




I also made the sweetest little skirt as a gift for my model.

I do custom work if anyone is interested.  Just contact me:  karenbevsews@gmail.com.
Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. I love your work Karen. I am a sewing grandma, too. Is your facebook page public? I would love to see what else you're creating.

    ReplyDelete