Thursday, June 16, 2011

Cars and trucks, baseballs and footballs quilt





My exercise coach at Curves is going to have her first grandchild, a boy, in August. She comissioned me to make a little quilt for him. She wanted cars and trucks and balls and she chose this pattern from a Quick Quilts magazine.


I bought the fabrics during Shop Hop in March with the help of my shop hopping buddy Linda!! I pieced it and backed it with a soft cuddly flannel, then quilted it on my Bernina using a beautiful variegated thread. Thanks, Dawn at Red Hen, for your help. It is bright and cheery and just right for a little boy. It's not too cutesy, so he will be able to use it for quite a few years. I think my customer is happy with ithe quilt. She showed it to a few ladies and one comissioned me to do a twin size for her little grandson!!

No comments:

Post a Comment